CS 5010: Module 05
Many function definitions differ only in small ways. This can lead to duplication of effort as you develop a program. We will identify techniques to minimize this duplication of effort. Eliminating duplication has many benefits: besides saving effort during coding, it creates single points of control, so each bug need be fixed only once; and it greatly eases maintenance and modification of your codebase.
Read Part III from our textbook.
- Lesson 5.1: Generalizing Similar Functions
- Guided Practice 5.1: Pizza!
- Lesson 5.2: Generalizing Over Functions
- Guided Practice 5.2: Converting Currencies
- Guided Practice 5.3: Authors-of-expensive-books
- Guided Practice 5.4: inventory-total-copies-on-hand
Lesson 5.5: Rewriting Your Function Using
- Guided Practice 5.5: Higher-Order Pizza!
Problem Set 05 was assigned on Monday, 13 February.