CS 5010: Module 10
In this module, we will learn about inheritance, which is a mechanism that allows us to generalize the implementations of similar classes. Inheritance allows us to make a new class that is very similar to an old one, or to make a new class that generalizes the implementations of several similar classes.
No required readings.
- Examples for Module 10
- API Specifications for Java 8
- Chris Okasaki. Red-Black Trees in a Functional Setting, Journal of Functional Programming, 9(4) 471–477, July 1999.
- Lesson 10.1: Basics of Inheritance
- Lesson 10.2: Using Inheritance to Share Implementations
- Lesson 10.3: Case Study: Immutable Finite Functions, Part 1
- Lesson 10.4: Case Study: Immutable Finite Functions, Part 2
- Lesson 10.5: Case Study: Immutable Finite Functions, Part 3 (coming eventually)
Problem Set 10 was assigned on Monday, 27 March.