On this page:
Fundamentals I
DrRacket

Fundamentals I

teach vs. learn

This website is for a prior semester of CS2500. Please go to http://www.ccs.neu.edu/course/cs2500 for the current semester, and update your bookmarks accordingly.

Welcome to Fundamentals I at Northeastern University, College of Computer Science.

This course is an introduction to computing and programming. Its major goal is to introduce students to the principles of systematic problem solving through programming and the basic rules of computation.

The course does not assume any prior programming experience. It is therefore suitable for all freshman students—majors and non-majors alike—who wish to explore the intellectual ideas of the discipline. It does assume a basic familiarity with arithmetic and algebra, and it demands a basic degree of curiosity, self-discipline, and willingness to work with others.

image

Blog

Welcome to CS2500. The Piazza discussion board is a place where students can ask questions and get answers from instructors, TAs, and fellow students. Instructors will also post general announcements, so check back frequently! – we recommend you check it daily, as we post news about the class there.